May seems to be the month of gift giving around here. We have so many baby birthdays, anniversaries and big kid birthdays to attend and I have been running out of ribbon to decorate my packages with. So, I turned to a few balls of yarn I had sitting around a few days ago and loved the outcome. It turned out to be such a fun way to dress up a plain box. See below for full instructions.
|| What You Need ||
|| What You Do ||
1. Wrap a few strands of yarn around your box in a typical pattern and tie off with a strong double knot.
2. Wrap several colors of yarn around 3 fingers until you feel as if their is an abundant amount. A varied amount of yarn will make different sized fringe.
3. Tie a loose piece of yarn around the middle of your fringe in a tight knot.
4. Snip both ends of the ball open.
5. Tie the loose piece of yarn around the middle of your wrapped package.